Using group discussion and examination of historical case studies we explain exactly what defines challenging behaviour in the workplace.
Participants will recognise potential triggers and develop the skills to react to escalation of behaviour through various distraction and de-escalation methods. This programme also aims to help employees realise their own abilities with regards to encouraging positive behaviour techniques.
Who should attend:
This course is aimed at health and social care workers and looks at a variety of behaviours which pose difficulties for care staff. The learners will explore how best to approach and manage occurrences of challenging and unpredictable behaviour. The course will also enable learners to have an understanding and awareness of the reasons why a person may present challenging behaviour.
The course will include:
- Definitions of challenging behaviour
- Types and impacts of challenging behaviour
- Internal and external influences on behaviour
- Assessing behaviour
- Potential triggers
- Recognising escalation, distraction & de-escalation methods
- Challenging Behaviour do's and don'ts
- Encouraging positive behaviour techniques
Course duration and assessment:
This training course is delivered in half a day and concludes with a written assessment of knowledge.